Family Sponsorship

Canadian citizens and permanent residents over 18 years old can sponsor certain family members for permanent residence under Family Class immigration, if they qualify as a sponsor and family member they are sponsoring as a member of Family Class.

Relatives that can be sponsored as member of Family Class are:

Spouse, Common-law Partner and Conjugal Partner, Dependent child, Adoptees, Parents and Grand-parents and orphans.

To be a sponsor you have to meet certain requirements and in most cases sign an undertaking and meet minimum income requirements.

Spousal sponsorship applications can be made outside Canada and within Canada, provided certain criteria are met.

Proper documentation and utmost care is needed in these cases and it is advisable to have a professionally qualified RCIC like us file the case.

All sponsorship applications have government processing fees.